02 August 2012

The Dark Wife Rises

Some of what excites George in the movie theaters leaves me bored and uninspired.  Over the past few years, we've gone to see Resident Evil, Zombieland, Transformers II, Thor, The Avengers, and Spiderman upon his request.  To say I hated them would be an exaggeration, but to say I thought they were worth movie ticket prices would be an outrage.  Thus, I was disheartened when my sister reported that she wanted to take back the 3 hours of her life spent on The Dark Knight Rises.  She usually likes movies more than I do, and can very easily predict which movies I should avoid.  George, of course, has been extremely excited about the new Batman movie.  Just to prepare us for the IMAX experience, he tried to show me Batman Begins.  Admittedly, I was a terrible wifee, complaining and talking through the first 20 minutes until he couldn't take it anymore and we turned it off.
Last night, George the confident giant Texan claimed he could eat a watermelon of any size on his own.  Our friend Emily and I told him there was no way, so we made a bet.  If he could do it, I would keep my mouth shut and watch the Batman movies with him.  If I won, he had to wait for The Dark Knight Rises to come out on bluray.  It was a deal.  To his credit, he got two-thirds of the way through.

Poor, sweet George.  His stomach hurts so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment