13 July 2020

Sympathy Sheet Music

My grandmother's mother's father, F. W. Friedrich of Gaylord, published a piece of music entitled "Sympathy" in 1906.  If you would like to hear it, it was track 2 in the album A Volkert Christmas, and the program notes were published here.
My grandmother had two sisters, Aunt Betty and Aunt Carol.  The trio is a legend of the family; the first a pianist, the second a vocalist, and the third a dancer, all with tremendous skill.

My grandmother had five children, my Aunt Betty had four, and my Aunt Carol had two.  My father was my grandmother's third child, born in '53.  Aunt Betty's oldest was Julie, born in '52, and the first of the next generation would be Julie's daughter Elizabeth.

Elizabeth and I have been in touch recently for the 100 Day Project, and she has asked for a copy of Sympathy.  Below is the print superimposed onto a photograph of antique paper for viewing, and underneath is a black and white copy for printing.  If you're new to playing in D major, this one's for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment