09 March 2011

First Bowleg

When I was in elementary school, I couldn't keep a diary because my handwriting was not uniform enough to prevent me from ripping out pages.  If 7 pages went missing on the left side of the binding, the 7 adjoining pages on the right had to be neatly removed.  Often, this process ended up removing more than 14 total pages.  Before very long, the paper in the center of the book was visibly denser, and the covers lacked a sense of proper cushioning.  They were the jutting, vulnerable bones of what once was a diary.  This was all very hurtful to me because the soft blue paper with faint lavender lining was very pretty, indeed.

Now that we've moved to easily deletable data, I'm trying again.  It's been 20 years.

In closing, I find the word "blog" to be disgusting.  As I don't find "web log" to be much better, I entered it into an anagram solver out of sheer desperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment