21 August 2019

Eanes Elementary & Valley View

I'm a bit of a mess.
Drakeson started first grade, and my little baby Milli, who has never really been away from me, started the PPCD program at Eanes Elementary this morning.  Don't worry about her - she was more than ready to go.  Worry about me.  I know my children are being showered with attention and well-planned educational activities, I have my first day to myself in nearly 7 years, and I'm the one who has probably cried at least 10 times already.  I thought the best way to combat my separation anxiety was coffee, and I assure you, it's not.

It's time for another snapshot.
Drakeson is extremely active, optimistic, talkative, and fun-loving.  He'll say and do almost anything to get a laugh from his peers.  Although he has the the visual spacial skills to safely navigate himself across any playground the most dangerous way possible, he also lacks the common sense to stop spinning around to avoid bumping into other people.  He insists on keeping his long hair, so we're going to try to put it up this year.  I think this is a bold move, because while little boys with long hair are common enough, little boys with ponytails are truly rare.  He loves hugs.

By default, Milli is drawing, "writing," softly singing songs to herself, or secretly getting into trouble.  As the baby of the family, she gets away with too much.  She's matter-of-factly sexist against all men (exceptions include swim coaches Aaron Bond and Ian Crocker) and prefers all things marketed to girls and women.  Pink, princesses, unicorns, ruffles, little animals, you name it.  In other words, all the things I kept her away from as a baby "until she showed me who she was."  Well, now we know.

Here are a few of my favorite current words from each of them.

Drakeson:
villy villy - really
  ex. No, for real life, I was villy villy trying to!
lellow - yellow
  ex. MOM LOOK!  I found a lellow Beetle Bug.
opposed - supposed
  ex. That's what I'm opposed to do!  How is that not what I'm opposed to?
cardiomacimia - cardio cinema
  ex. What did you see at the cardiomacimia today?
goed - went
  ex.  Member when we goed to Disney World?
gooder - better
  ex.  Can I have hot sauce and a spoon to mix it up?  It's villy gooder that way.
ah-sponsibow - responsible
  ex.  But Mom, can I please go to the park?  I'll promise to be ah-sponsibow.
oweme - only
  ex.  Milli, you can oweme have one cakeball.  Oweme one!
trickster - magician
  ex.  Mom, will there be any tricksters on AGT tonight?  I just villy villy love the tricksters.
regleeyar - regular
  ex.  Do we haffa go to bed at our regleeyar time today?

Milli:
I'm yuff - I love
  ex. I'm yuff baby unicorns.
yook - look
  ex.  Yook!  Yook!  (puts both hands on your cheeks and moves your head) Yook!
A yo - Ariel
  ex. I'm yuff A yo.
member yehshawday - Do you remember any time in the past
  ex. Member yehshawday when we went to the place with the yellow grass and the froggie and the      big slide and the tongue of the froggie and we went into the water?
sun cream - sunscreen
  ex. Mama, did you pack sun cream for me?
panno - piano
  ex.  I want you to be my teachaw with panno.
kwuh - squirrel
  ex.  Mama, yook!  Yook!  I saw a kwuh.
Daysssin - Drakeson
  ex. I don't want to share with Daysssin.
jussayiddowbitmo - just a little bit more
  ex. Other muck.  Jussayiddowbitmo.
her - she
  ex.  Fennis baby wears pink and boo.  If her throws up on you, her doesn't care.

 New Gear

 Another Pose

Yes, I actually got them up early for this. 

 And they didn't smile for every single picture.  I took, like, 100.

My favorite out of 100.

 Okay, last one.

 Wait, let's do a close up.

 We still have three minutes, and it's not too dark outside.

But what if some day I wanted to see what shoes you were wearing?
(I told you I'm a bit of a mess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment